LABORATOIRES ASEPTA’s history is closely linked to the Principality of Monaco and particularly to its Casino.
At the end of the 1930’s, some Croupiers of Monte-Carlo’s Casino made an original request to a Pharmacist: a cream against painful feet. Indeed, these Croupiers who could stand for hours on the Casino carpets were in need of an efficient remedy to soothe them.
Henri ADAM who just sold his Pharmacy to Charles CAMPORA and Paul LACROIX, created a formula made of a soothing plant called achillea. In 1947, the trademark Akileïne® was patented and the legend could start!
At this time, the founding team is enlarged with Henri MAS, a Paul LACROIX’s childhood friend.
LABORATOIRES ASEPTA’s beginnings were slow in that after-war period where very few consumers paid attention to products of comfort. However, Paul LACROIX and Henri MAS succeeded in selling their products in the pharmacies of the Riviera, then in Paris and Strasburg. They also achieved in creating a demand for an unusual product in a slow-motion economical context.
In 1952, VITA CITRAL® is created by ASEPTA and focuses on handcare. This new line came to diversify the laboratory’s activities that decided to launch another range 20 years after: ECRINAL® for the care of hair, lashes and nails. Skincare is not put aside thanks to the creation of COUP D’ECLAT® in 1978 with the emblematic Lifting Ampoule !
In 1993, the laboratory innovates with the launch of the very first footcare product dedicated to diabetics : AKILDIA.
Today, LABORATOIRES ASEPTA manufacture more than 6 million units per year and have succeeded in becoming leaders in French pharmacies for footcare with AKILEÏNE® as well as nailcare with ECRINAL®.
More than 75 years after their creation, LABORATOIRES ASEPTA, always independent and managed by the founders’ descendants, are still an important group producing many dermo-cosmetic lines in the Principality of Monaco which gain an international reputation.
« Quality and Innovation » has always been the laboratory’s motto, being a dynamical partner of the dermo-pharmacy and modern cosmetics, thanks to numerous patents and innovation. This has been acclaimed with many awars: Prix Norx (1988), Best Brand Award (1989), Riviera Trade Club (1997), Leader d’Exportation (1999), Monaco Business Award (2000), Label Eurêka (2005), Trophée Club Eco de Monaco (2013) and the Trophée Femmes de L’Economie (2015).
About 200 persons are employed by the laboratory in a state of the art Monaco-based structure respecting all international cosmetic standards. Their worldwide presence is settled on more than 60 countries on the 5 continents thanks to a network of local distributors widened by 5 subsidiaries in Belgium, Germany, Switzerland, Tunisia and Canada.